Tuesday 24 January 2012

A Marbling Mess

Ok so this post is a tad more arty than the last but I am really excited about it and had a despirate need to share. I found this goregeous 70s boheman style dress created by the costume designer Bill Gibb. Although you can't really see it in the picture (I struggled to find any of the detail) the fabric was inspired by paper marbling and you will just have to trust me when I say... it is stunning!
This dress really inspired me to have a little experiment with some ink and water. If you have never seen ink droplets in water, they spread into the most delicate etherial forms and are just mesmirising. I made a little video of this, i'll admit the music isn't very 70s but still I think it works well :)




Much love & Ta ta for now 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment